Coping

Medium: Acrylic on Canvas, Photoshop

Size: (l*w*b) 17" x 12.5"

Description:

(TW: discusses self-harm)
Coping is a poster that I created, by using two of my older paintings from 2018. I made this to show the different wavelengths of coping mechanisms. I find the polar opposite concepts of Buddha and Joker very interesting to explain the same -

Some people resort to constructive strategies such as meditation and art to deal with the stress or anxiety that they might feel.
On the contrary, some people also use twisted, destructive forms of activities as coping mechanisms, such as self-harm and violence.
As someone who has been on both sides of the spectrum, I often feel like a complex compound of both, my older damaging self and the one who has now healed into a productive, positive person.